Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Live chat

How cool! I wish we had this when I was in school.

I went into live chat and Jennifer from Newport Library came online.
My question were: What year did the Kon Tiki set sail?
What material was used to construct the vessel?
Where did it launch from and where was it's
land fall?

After a moment or two Jennifer gave me a "wiki" site.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kon
She then asked if I was able to view the pages.
I responded yes. She then asked if there was
anymore information that I needed.

All my answers were there so I thanked her and we ended our
live chat.

--1947 was the year year Thor Heyerdahl began his voyage.
--Balsa, pine, and bamboo.. (no metal) was used in it's construction.
--Callao, Peru was were Kon tiki was launched and it's land fall
was Raroia Island in the Tuamotu group.
Very cool!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I love the live chat option. I am a little surprised you were directed to a wiki, though maybe the librarian had read through it and knew it had the right info. You are almost done.