Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Podcasting...


After reading the articles "Launching into the Podcast/Vodcast Universe" and "An Outlet for Creativity" I can see how podcastig would be a useful tool for a library. I enjoyed the perspective and theme of the blog that was in the article "Launching ... . It appears that many libraries are utilizing this tool.


A podcast I truly enjoyed was the interactive map. You could click on a site on the map and the librarian conducting the tour would introduce himself and then introduce the historian that would give you the history of a particular location on the map. The podcast was created by the Dowling College Library.

http://www.dowling.edu/library/maps/oakdale.html

I also enjoyed "The Library Despot" podcast. It's done in episodes. So you can choose an episode that might interest you. At the beginning the librarian Michael Bradford (The despot) gives highlights of what he will cover. He gives news and updates of what's happening to libraries around the state (Mass.). The news is informative and gives good advice and insight along the way. He also prods the listener to listen to the episode describing the weather out side or the lack of anything good on TV. In the episode I heard he gave a prediction on the "Super Bowl" He certainly keeps your interest.

http://despot.andertek.net/?cat=1

I wanted to view a podcast of Prairie Home Companion. I wanted to catch up on the news from Lake Wobegon... but alas unable to do this on this computer. But never fear I put it on my Blog line and will watch and listen at home.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

You are finding a lot of great sites with wonderful information. At this rate, you will be done before you know it.