Thursday, August 23, 2007

Wikis and other curious things

Wikipedia is a free Internet encyclopedia where the information is gathered and edited by general users. I looked up Thor Heyerdahl and the Kon-Tiki. Something I was already familiar with and was quite pleased that section. Wikipedia might be a place where I would begin a search, but I would continue to search other sources.

Wetpaint is a web page that anyone can edit whether it's their posting or not.

Not sure I would find this useful.

Wikihow is a “how to manual” for everyday problems. This site is maintained by
volunteers. I searched “Yoga” found some helpful tips on position and breathing.

I would use this site again.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Wikis are good, just be careful using the information as it can be posted so quickly!